Trenton Pocket Watches
The New Haven Watch Company was organized on October 16, 1883 and located in New Haven, Connecticut. On January 1, 1884 the company leased a building in New Haven. A factory was completed and production started, but no watches were sold even though they completed about 1,000 movements. In 1886 three acres of land was purchased in Trenton, New Jersey a new building was completed and the name changed to the Trenton Watch Company. The company soon started production including their own nickel cases so they could market a complete watch. The production was about 200 completed watches per day, with a selling price of about $3.75. The company was sold to R. H. Ingersoll and Brothers in 1908.
Return to OLDWATCH.COM. Home Page